***The shape of the dough will depend on how you wanted it. On the picture, I shaped it like a "knot" or shape it like the "Spanish Bread".
How to bake Cheese Bread using Manual / Traditional method:
How to bake Cheese Bread using a Mixer / Kneader:
- Place all dry ingredients including yeast into a bowl except 1 cup all purpose flour.
- Attach bowl and dough hook. Raise mixer bowl. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 15 seconds or until ingredients are combined.
- Combine all liquid ingredients (whisk egg yolks while adding the milk and melted butter) then add to flour mixture and mix 1-2 minutes longer.
- Continuing on speed 2, gently add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Note: Check the consistency of the dough before putting all the remaining flour. You can also add 1/4-1/2 more cup if needed.
- (use of flour depends on the type of flour, milk and the size of the eggs). Dough should be moderate to stiff and elastic and not hard and too heavy.
- Mix until dough starts to clean sides of bowl, about 2 minutes.
- Lower bowl on mixer and remove dough from the bowl and dough hook.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise for at least an hour.
- After an hour, transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Use a dough slicer to divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each part until it forms into a log. Cut each log into equal pieces.
- Prepare the grated cheese or sliced cheese.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin until it stretches into a triangular shape.
- Spread some butter on top then add grated cheese then roll up. OR just add the sliced cheese on top then roll up.
- Cover the dough with bread crumbs and place on lightly greased baking sheet or tray with the end at the bottom.
- Cover the tray with a damp cloth and let it rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!