Chicken Feet (Spicy Adobo Style or with Sibot) by Ms. Lily Siy
1 kilo chicken feet
3/4 liter of water (for boiling)
1 clove of garlic (minced)
1 clove of red onion (minced)
1 medium piece of young ginger (minced)
1/4 tsp.salt(or you can add more according to your taste)
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp.soy sauce
4 tbsp.white vinegar (coconut vinegar)
grounded black pepper
bay leaf (for adobo recipe)
magic sarap mix
chopped siling labuyo or hot chili sauce
2 to 3 cups of water
Sibot (*Sibot is a chinese herb used as flavor enhancer and tonic for good health available in chinese specialty shop or in spices section of SM mall)
1. Wash with salt/water and peel the skin off the chicken feet.(If skin is too tight,dip it in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes,drain and then quickly it dip in cold water). Chop off nails. Wash it again with baking soda/water(to rid the off smell). And lastly,rinse with water.Set aside.
2. Put 3/4 liter water in the pressure cooker. Add the chicken feet. Cover the lid. Make sure it's secured. Turn the flame to high heat.
3. Bring to boiling point for 25 minutes. Lower down the flame to medium and cook for 10 minutes more. Turn off the flame then bring pressure cooker on the sink and place under running water. (Warning:Use glove pot holder to avoid getting burned from hot steam. Step away quickly after turning the water faucet on. Open the lid only if no steam comes out anymore). Drain chicken feet. Set aside.
4. Saute garlic,ginger and onion in cooking oil. Add the chicken feet.Keep stirring until the color changes(a bit brownish). Mix in the spices. For Spicy Adobo: *Ground black pepper and bay leaf,soy sauce,vinegar,salt,magic sarap mix and brown sugar,add chopped siling labuyo or hot chili sauce before serving. For Sibot Recipe: *Sibot,salt,magic sarap mix.
5. Add 2 to 3 cups water,cover and cook for 5 to 20 minutes (if desiring a more tender chicken feet or until chicken broth turns a bit saucy in texture).