For the cheese, don't use any kind of shredded cheese. I suggest to use Filipino brands like Eden, Magnolia or Queso. They are creamy, I would say milky, and very delicious! Try my recipe and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Happy cooking and enjoy this recipe.
CREAMY CORN MAJA RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE LATIK:
TIPS AND NOTES:
- Do not use coconut milk when making latik especially using the canned one. Some brands have added water that it won't produce the latik that you like. Please use coconut cream. It is much thicker and makes a lot. I akways use 15 oz can MaePloy brand. Arroy D is also another brand that I suggest if Maeploy is not available.
- A lot of stirring is required to make the mixture thick. If you stop stirring, some mixture will harden at the bottom and will stick. Make sure that the heat is on medium-low to avoid burning.
- You can also add another 1/2 can of coconut cream of whole corn if you like.
- Sugar can always be adjusted according to you preference. I remember the first time I made this using whole milk, I sued 1/2 cup of sugar. This time I used 2% milk and added 3/4 cup. They both work well.
- Store in the refrigerator and consume within 3-5 days. A small slice can be warmed up in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies