HAM AND PEPPERONI PIZZA
Do you love thick crust pizza with extra soft dough? If yes, you're in the right blog! I am not a fan of thin crust pizza. I'm a bread person and I love breads that are really soft. When I eat pizza I love the sides better than the middle as long as the crust is soft NOT chewy. When it comes to the crust, many store-bought pizza just don't meet my expectation so I thought of making my own. I actually didn't expect that it will be perfect the first time I made it. So good that my husband ask for another batch the next day and the following day but I said, "No", I will make another batch next week." You know because it's very high in calories.
The key to a great pizza is the dough. If not, no matter how good the toppings are, it will just ruin everything.
I am proud to say that this pizza dough is perfect! So soft, full and delicious! I made everything simple for you and easy to follow so you can make your own too. I also added some tips below under Recipe Tips and Notes so make sure to read it.
Many of you probably thought making pizza is hard but it's actually not. I've made breads before but I think making breads is more challenging because you still have to shape each one, harder if there's filling then wait again for the 2nd rising. For this one, no need for a 2nd rise. After the first rise, shape it, add the toppings then bake!
So, how did I make the dough? Simple... using basic ingredients! Just combine flour, sugar, salt and instant yeast then add the oil and water. Stir together then knead until smooth and elastic. Let rise for an hour or two, divide the dough equally into two part or make 1 large pizza if you like, flatten with a rolling pin, stretch the dough using your fingers then shape into rounds.
I used organic pizza sauce by Good & Gather from Target. It has no artificial colors and flavors and it's very cheap. Less than $2 for a 14oz bottle and only used 1/3 of it. But, you can use any pizza sauce you like.
This dough recipe produces a soft, thick and fluffy crust. It's better than store-bought. I promise! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
HAM AND PEPPERONI PIZZA RECIPE
Toppings of choice:
RECIPE TIPS AND NOTES:
- Using oil instead of butter makes the process easier to stretch out the dough, adds flavor and prevents the dough from drying up while baking.
- Using a stand mixer for kneading produces a much smoother dough.
- All-purpose flour can be substituted but bread flour gives a much softer dough.
- You can make your own bread flour by measuring out 1 cup all-purpose flour, remove 1 1/2 tsp then add 1 1/2 tsp of vital wheat gluten then whisk or sift to combine.
- Never overload the pizza with toppings. It will weigh down your light and fluffy crust and keep it from baking properly.
- Make sure to check the pizza not the time as oven temperature varies. I use gas oven and place the pizza in the middle rack.
- I baked mine for only 12 minutes. If you want a crispy crust continue baking until desired dough texture.
- Recipe yields two 8-10" or 1 large 14oz pizza.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
BANANA MUFFINS WITH CINNAMON STREUSEL CRUMB TOPPING
5/11/2022 08:10:55 pm
Looks so yummy😋
Thanks for sharing.
Leave a Reply.
Hi! Janette here. Welcome to my blog PinoyCookingRecipes where you can find true and kitchen tested recipes. To read more about me, click here.
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies