Immediately transfer the mixture into the a pan greased with oil and spread evenly. Let cool completely and crack to break into serving pieces.
Easy isn't it? If you will give them as a gift, package them in a gift box or a glass jar. Printable recipe and video link how to make it is provided below. If you have questions, comments or if you have tried this recipe, comment box is provided below. Enjoy this delicious homemade Peanut Brittle.
PEANUT BRITTLE RECIPE
TIPS AND NOTES
- Grease your measuring cup with oil then add corn syrup. Doing that will make it easier for you to pour the corn syrup into the pot without sticking from the measuring cup.
- Use a wooden spoon when stirring the mixture. The syrup mixture will be too hot. Wooden spoon doesn't absorb much heat and will save your hand from burning if you use a regular spoon that's made from stainless steel. Any tool that has a wooden handle is highly recommended.
- If thermometer is not available, you can tell when it is ready when boiling slows down and syrup starts to thicken.
- Make sure that the pan is greased before transferring the mixture or else it will stick and will be hard to release. When unmolding, just bend the pan lightly and you will hear a crack at the bottom which means it is released.
- When spreading into the pan, grease a spatula with wooden handle. Greasing will avoid sticking and wooden handle can handle the heat of the mixture. Also, the pan can get warmer so place it in the cooling rack. It will cool faster and protect your surface from heat.
- As you have read above, I used roasted and salted peanuts. If using unsalted, add 1 tsp salt.
- Why use Baking Soda? Baking soda creates little air bubbles in the brittle which makes it crunchy.
- When arranging in an airtight container, line up with a wax paper or parchment paper in between the peanut brittles to avoid sticking.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Do not refrigerate, moisture from the fridge will cause the brittle to soften. Store for 6-8 weeks.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
ADOBONG MANI (ROASTED PEANUTS)
CANDIED WHITE BEANS
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies