SANS RIVAL CAKE
Prepare the icing:
TIPS AND NOTES
- What is soft ball stage and how to test? Soft-Ball Stage is a cooking term meaning that a sugar syrup being heated has reached 112 – 116 C (234 – 240 F.) It is a test of how hot a sugar syrup is, and of how much water is left in it. To test, using a clean spoon, carefully take a little of the syrup and drop it into the bowl of cold water. Leave to cool for a moment then pick up the ball of syrup. If it's pliable, sticky and can be moulded in your fingers easily, it has reached the soft ball stage.
- Be careful when separating the eggs. Avoid a small streak of egg yolks or water mixed into the egg whites. The mixing bowl needs to be totally dry as well. If not, the egg whites will take forever to beat causing a failed meringue.
- Unsalted butter and margarine is being used in this recipe. You can omit the margarine and use pure butter instead.
- If you draw the circles using a regular pen, make sure to place the parchment paper upside-down (ink down). Use edible pen if you have one.
- You can use chopped pistachios to cover the cake if you like.
- I hope these tips help you make this cake successfully. If you have questions or have tried this recipe, comment section is available below.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
COFFEE SPONGE CAKE
Thank you for this recipe. I tried making sans rival several times, I'm not familiar on how the wafers should be... I only had sans rival maybe once or twice lol... Is it crispy? The last one I made turned out meringue cookie like consistency. Thank you!
Hi. You're welcome. Wafers should not be under baked or else they will not be crispy. Make sure to store the cake in the freezer to maintain its crispiness.
They were crispy but my base was like a merengue cookie. Gotta try to make it again. Thanks for your response😊
hi wat if wala po margarine?pwd po butter n lng lahat gamitin?
Yes, you can. Mas lang masarap kasi pag may margarine.
Hello. Pwede pong hindi sabay sabay ibake yung meringue? Hindi po kasi kasya sa oven ng minsanan.
Yes kahit hindi.
Please send me Strawberry Cake Recipe. I plan to use Strawberry syrup instead of real strawberries. Thank you very much.
Hi! I made this recipe and came out 6 disc only and the size is same 6 inch. Manipis Lang po ba dapat. Pero masarap po sya. Madali lng din pong gawin Kahit tricky ung pagawa ng meringue. I will make it again and hopefully 2 cake na po magawa ko next time. Thanks and regards po!
Hi. If you watched my video, you will see ang nipis sya. You can always scrape it off naman kung masyadong makapal.
Yes for star margarine. for the star happy hindi ako familiar sa kanya but as long as toasted cashews yun ang gamitin mo para masarap.
Hi, I tried following your recipe but wen I did d egg yolk part, the egg yolk mixture didn't mix well with d butter..it looked "cortado"-separated. What have gone wrong?what can I do to fix it?
Hi. I am not sure what happened but many have already tried this recipe. Egg yolk didn't mix well with the butter... could be because the mixture is still hot or the butter is melted instead of softened.
Hi can i use walnuts?
Taste will be different if you use walnuts. I highly suggest to use cashews.
Hello po. Can I bake all 12 discs together, first set of 6 at the top and the second set of 6 at the bottom or should be separate? Thank you po. 🙂
Yes but I really don't suggest as you may need to rotate the pans for even baking.
May ibang paraan po ba na mailuto yung meringue kung wala pong oven?
Not sure if improvised oven will work (kawali with rack) but the issue is it's too small and will take forever to bake all of them.
Can I confirm the amount of sugar at 2/3cup (133gm) is correct for 9 whites, as the approx ratio for white to sugar is 1egg white to 50g sugar for most recipes? I actually preferred your recipe as it has much less sugar. Also are u using fan mode or top&bottom heat only? Hope to hear from us soon as would like to try tomorrow. Tk u!
Leave a Reply.
Hi! Janette here. Welcome to my blog PinoyCookingRecipes where you can find true and kitchen tested recipes. To read more about me, click here.
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies