This is not the first time I made a blog about this cute and delicious little cupcakes. I just had to create a new one to give you an updated recipe with better pictures and complete step by step guide. Anyway, let's talk about this interesting cake.
Brazo de Mercedez is usually made as a cake roll but it is nice to get a little fancy and make cute little cupcakes. For this one, there's no need to worry about rolling a cake to make a log. But you will need a piping bag, piping tip and sturdy cupcake liners.
Easy to share to family and friends. But if you prefer to make the traditional one, check out my Brazo de Mercedez recipe.
For the Brazo de Mercedes Cupcakes, we have to make the filling first. This is to make sure it has cooled down before piping to the meringue cupcakes. Just combine the egg yolks, condensed milk and vanilla extract, cook in low heat until thick.
Now, prepare your meringue by beating the egg whites, cream of tartar and granulated sugar. Continue beating until a semi-firm peak is achieved (like the photo below).
Pipe the meringue using a star tip. Make sure to leave a hole in the center for the filling later.
Bake at 350 deg F. for 15-18 minutes or until top of meringue turns light to medium brown. Make sure to check before the set time as oven temperature varies.
Pipe the filling into the center of meringue cupcakes.
Then, dust the top with powdered sugar. Isn't it so pretty? See full recipe below.
Youtube video below on how to make this delicious cupcakes.
PREPARE THE FILLING (WHILE THE MERINGUE IS STILL IN THE OVEN):
PREPARE THE MERINGUE:
- In a sauce pan, combine egg yolks, condensed milk and vanilla.
- Simmer over low heat while stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat. Set aside. Let it cool.
PREPARE THE MERINGUE:
- Beat the egg whites using an electric mixer.
- Add cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar. Continue mixing until texture is semi-firm.
- Line a muffin pan with sturdy cups or baking cupcake liners that can stand on their own. If you use a regular liner, the meringue will shrink.
- Pipe the meringue using a star tip (1M). Make sure to leave a hole in the center for the filling later.
- Bake at 350 deg F. for 15-18 minutes or until top of meringue turns light to medium brown. (Oven temp varies. Check your product before the set time.)
- Remove from oven. Let it cool.
- Pipe the filling into the center of the meringue cupcakes.
- Lastly, dust the cupcakes with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
more recipes to try:
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies