Since I do get this question a lot, (could be from other nationalities who follows my blog) "What is Cassava?". Let me tell you a little about it. Cassava is a root vegetable also called manioc or yuca in some countries. Cassava can have dangerous effects if eaten raw in large amounts so make sure to cook it properly. Cassava can be steamed or boiled or baked.
For this recipe, I used store-bought frozen grated cassava. If you will be using raw, make sure to grate then squeeze some juice but not fully squeezed to become dry. We need some moisture to make Cassava Cake.
I only used 5 ingredients to make this cake and the cassava base is eggless. Some recipes I saw online requires a few eggs but I don't see a need for that. I added just 1 egg yolk for the topping to make a delicious creamy top. Please try my recipe. I promise, you'll thank me for that.
If you have question about this recipe or have tried it, please let me know in the comment section below. Enjoy!
CASSAVA CAKE RECIPE
- I used 2 (16oz) frozen grated cassava for this recipe. It saves a lot of time. All I need to do is thaw them. If you will be using raw cassava, grate them and lightly squeeze and discard the juice. Do not fully squeeze or they will be dry. We need the moisture from the cassava.
- If macapuno is not available, you can just omit.
- I used 11 x 8 pan but you can actually use any size you like. Just make sure to adjust the baking time.
- You can also line the pan with banana leaf if desired. If not available, just make sure to generously grease the pan with butter to avoid sticking.
- It is best eaten when warm. Leftover needs refrigeration and store in airtight container. Just microwave to reheat.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies