But I did a little experiment on these two pans. I placed 8 rolls in one pan and 9 rolls on the other. 8 rolls will give you a bigger and taller rolls. So make 16 rolls out of the dough you will make and prepare two 8" or 9 inch pans. I know for sure you and your family will love this recipe. Warm any leftover bread using a microwave and voila they are fresh again. Try this and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Pan de Siosa recipe
Notes & Tips:
- I experimented on the two pans. One is greased and the other is not. I really don't see any difference with the result. Grease or not, will not be a big deal.
- If you noticed on the photo, one pan has 8 pieces and the other has 9. I suggest to only put 8 as it gives more room for the dough to rise which means you get bigger and taller rolls.
- One pan has only buttercream and some sugar sprinkled on top and the other has added cheese on top. Personally, I prefer the one with cheese. I used queso brand for the cheese but you can use any Filipino brands like Magnolia or Eden.
- If using instant yeast, omit 1/2 tbsp sugar and 1/4 cup water in the recipe. Just mix the yeast with the flour. And note when adding the remaining 1 cup flour, do not add everything to make sure you don't add too much flour. Add 1/2 cup and the slowly add the rest. Also, make sure to add milk mixture while lukewarm since you will be using instant yeast that is mixed in all-purpose flour. Lukewarm milk will activate the yeast while kneading.
- To avoid the hassle of omitting and watching the flour content, I suggest to bloom the yeast even if you are using instant. I find blooming or activating the yeast always gives better result than just adding it.
- To ream more baking tips,. read "How to Bake BREAD with SUCCESS"
You MIght Also Like:
Sweet Cheese Rolls
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies