Since it consists of 3 layers, it takes three steps to prepare. First is to prepare the ube halaya or ube jam. Second, make the leche flan and third, make the meringue. It does take time to prepare but I promise it is really worth it. Try this recipe and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
Floating Island recipe
- Beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Add the cream of tartar.
- Continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the sugar.
- Beat until firm peaks form.
This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an amazon associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
- Avoid opening and closing the oven door. Meringue will deflate from sudden change in temperature. Use the oven light (if available) to check if meringue is ready.
- For a successful meringue, make sure not to drop even a streak of water to it. Also remove excess egg yolks if there are any. Egg whites must be room temperature before whisking. Cream of tartar is essential. Do not substitute or omit and make sure it is not old or expired.
- Humidity in your room would affect the meringue as well.
you may also like:
mango cream cheese ice cream
Hi! Janette here. Welcome to my blog PinoyCookingRecipes where you can find true and kitchen tested recipe. To read more about me, click here.
BREAD AND BAKING
RICE/RICE FLOUR RECIPES
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies