It's mango season and it's the perfect time to make Mango Cake! This recipe uses mango chiffon cake as a cake base and mango frosting then topped with mango puree. Yes, this cake is loaded with mango flavor. Soft moist and delicious! Best of all it's not overly sweet like other cakes. If you have sweet tooth and enjoy sweeter cakes, then feel free to adjust the sugar in the mango puree and frosting.
The cake base for this recipe was adopted from my Yema Cake. I just changed the orange juice to mango juice. So if you have tried my Yema Cake before, then it will easier for you to make this cake. Soft, moist and loaded with mango flavor. The frosting is also very easy because I only combined whipping cream, powdered sugar and mango puree. If you are mango fan then this cake is perfect for you!
Make sure to get sweet mangoes because you don't want your cake to taste sour. My first try was a fail because it wasn't mango season yet. Now, is the best time to make this delicious homemade Mango Cake! Make it for Father's Day or any of the family member's special occasion be it a birthday or for someone who loves mangoes.
I simply decorated this cake using 1M Wilton Piping Tip. You can also use 2D Wilton Tip since there's really no big difference on the shape. You can also crumble the cake (sides trimmed) and use it decorate the sides of your cake. I ate all the trimmed sides ha ha! As you can see on the photo, the middle part has also mangoes in it so when I say loaded, it really is!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Enjoy!
MANGO CAKE RECIPE
*Cake Flour Substitute:
RECIPE TIPS & NOTES:
- This cake can also be steamed for about the same time as baked. Make sure to cover with foil to avoid water drip and steam over medium-low heat.
- If cream of tartar is not available, you can substitute equal amount of lemon juice or vinegar.
- You can substitute all-purpose cream for whipping cream though whipping cream tastes better. Make sure to refrigerate first before using.
- Sugar can be adjusted on the mango puree and frosting that it if you want the cake sweeter.
- Make your own mango juice by diluting the pureed mango with a small amount of water.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies