If you are not a fan of salted egg, I suggest to use a shredded cheddar cheese or cream cheese.
Cake flour substitute:
- Measure out 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Remove 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour and place it back in your flour canister.
- Replace the removed all-purpose flour with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Sift 5 times.
watch my video below how to make special puto
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat until it foams up.
- Gradually add sugar (1/4 cup) and beat until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar (1/2 cup), baking powder and water.
- Carefully fold-in the egg white mixture to the flour mixture. ( "Folding" is a more gentle mixing technique than "stirring" and "mixing". Carefully cut through the mixture with the edge of a rubber spatula, working in a gentle figure of eight and moving the bowl as you go.)
- Transfer the batter to muffin pans or molds lined with cupcake liner and fill up to 2/3 full.
- Add cheese and/or salted egg on top.
- Place a cheesecloth in the steamer lid to avoid water drips.
- Steam for 10-12 minutes. Do not over steam.
- Muffin is ready when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy.
you may also like:
Hi! Janette Recano here. Welcome to PinoyCookingRecipes where you can find true and kitchen tested recipes that can serve as a reference for everyone who enjoys cooking and baking. Have fun!
To read more about me, click here.
BREAD AND BAKING
RICE/RICE FLOUR RECIPES
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies