CHOCOLATE MARBLED BANANA BREAD
This Marbled Banana Bread is one best recipes you can make using overripe bananas. You may have already baked banana breads before but why not give it a twist by adding some chocolate to it? Once you try, you are giving your standard banana bread a boot by making this chocolate-swirled version. It didn't overpower the banana flavor but instead gives it some bittersweet chocolate in very bite!
Chocolate and banana combined are just a perfect combination. I have made Chocolate Banana Bread and Chocolate Banana Muffins before and they are super delicious as well. Many of my followers from Facebook are so happy with the result. It is so soft and very moist!
This recipe has some light chocolate flavor to it.
It's amazing how you can turn a plain banana bread into elegant-looking and flavorful loaf by just adding melted chocolate! So how did I do it? It's very simple. I prepare the cake batter then set aside 1 cup then I melted 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and combined with reserved cake batter. Easy!
Once I have both mixture ready, I started scooping and alternately added them into the greased loaf pan. I have more plain batter than the one mixed with chocolate so I kind of balance it and decided how I wanted it to turn out. Just don't add the mixed one in the middle, you may want to scatter them in between the plain one.
How to achiever the marble effect?
- To swirl is pretty simple. Just take a bamboo skewer or a butter knife and lightly swirl the batter around the pan. Easy and simple! Now, it's time to bake and reveal the swirl you made! How easy is that?
HOW RIPE SHOULD THE BANANAS BE?
- You may want to use spotty bananas. Yes, overripe banana with some black spots on it. Why? because they are sweeter, softer and mushier which is needed to achieve the best texture for your banana. For all my banana bread recipes I created, I always use the table banana which is the Cavendish Bananas. The most common variety being sold here in the US.
If you are a banana fan and would like to add some twist to your regular banana bread, you may want to check out the other recipes I have!
This recipe was adopted from my Banana Bread Recipe and just adjusted the sugar since we are adding chocolate chips here. Overall, this Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread is not overly sweet. I promise :).
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments. More tips below. Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE MARBLED BANANA BREAD
TIPS AND NOTES:
- Make sure to use overripe bananas. The ones with spots are sweeter and mushier which makes the best banana bread.
- The fastest and easiest way to melt the chocolate is using a microwave. If you don't have one, you can use a double boiler. Just heat water in a sauce pan, place a glass bowl on top (not touching the water), add the chocolate and stir until fully melted. Remove from heat, let cool then add the reserved cake batter. You can use any baking chocolate you like.
- Do not overbake this cake. Always check before the set time as oven temperature varies. Watch the bread not the time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
8/8/2021 04:32:24 pm
Hello. Can I make this as muffins?
8/10/2021 11:08:06 am
Hi. Yes you can. Time will be shorter though. Check at about 12 minutes.
Miles Bediones Tomas
10/23/2022 05:45:12 pm
A new twist to my favorite banana bread 😀 I usually add either raisins, walnuts or chico chips.
Leave a Reply.
Hi! Janette here. Welcome to my blog PinoyCookingRecipes where you can find true and kitchen tested recipes. To read more about me, click here.
This website contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, as an Amazon Associate, I will earn a small amount from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies